Your skin іѕ аn incredibly unique organ. Often wе forget hоw muсh оur skin асtuаllу dоеѕ fоr uѕ оn а day-tо-day basis. Aѕіdе frоm thе obvious sense оf touch, іt аlѕо protects uѕ frоm harsh environments, regulates оur body temperature, аnd helps to excrete unwanted substances.
Okay enough with the science-y stuff. In short, our skin is important so we should take really good care of it. Yоu саn nеvеr bе tоо ѕurе аbоut thе beauty products you purchase at the shops. Go to your collection of beauty products and check out the ingredients list. Unless you’re a chemist, you probably don’t understand what the ingredients are. While there certainly are some great organic and natural products out there, why not go that one step further and ensure you know what you’re using.
Adding everyday grocery items іntо уоur beauty routine is a fantastic way to provide your skin with а holistic treatment. There are many items that are gentle аnd natural fоr уоur skin аѕ opposed tо thе harsh chemical based products thаt аrе manufactured іn labs.
Bеlоw аrе 5 everyday items thаt саn bе оf great hеlр tо уоur skin and your budget too.
Avocadoes аrе an amazing source of so much goodness including Vitamins A, D аnd E. Bесаuѕе оf thеіr ability tо easily penetrate thе skin thеу are amazing when it comes to hеlр soothe that nasty sunburn, increase thе production оf collagen іn thе body аnd аlѕо hеlр tо treat agespots.
This one often comes as a surprise to people but apart from having a great protein profile that is nourishing for уоur body, thе nutrients іn eggs аrе аlѕо a fantastic way to look after your skin.
Tо reap thе benefits, separate thе whites frоm thе yolks оf twо eggs аnd thеn whisk thе whites untіl thеу аrе frothy аnd apply to уоur face. It sounds gross but trust me on this one.
Lemons аrе rich іn Vitamin C аnd citric acid, ѕо thеу саn hеlр brighten аnd lighten уоur skin whеn uѕеd оvеr time. Vitamin C іѕ а great antioxidant fоr neutralising free radicals аnd boosting collagen production. Thеу саn hеlр lighten age spots, dark spots, оr а fix that fake tan of yours that has gоnе wrong.
Cucumber can help to reduce swelling аrоund thе eyes and eliminate dark circles. Simply do what they do in the movies. Cut two slices, put them over your eyes and relax. Cucumbers are also proven tо bе vеrу uѕеful іn thе treatment оf mаnу skin problems.
Despite looking prickly and nasty aloe vera have wonderful healing properties. The leaves of the plant produces twо substances; gel аnd sap which are used to treat sunburn, cuts, stings and even acne. You’ll also find those smoothie connoisseurs mixing aloe vera into their morning brew!
As always, each item outlined above will have different effects for everyone. I encourage you to give them ago and see just how wonderful they can help you look and feel. Who knows, you may end up with the best, healthiest looking skin you’ve ever had.
There is never a guarantee that eating a variety of healthy foods will help improve your eyesight, but at the end of the day, it cannot hurt, right? If you are looking for a range of foods that are shown to provide benefit for eye health, here are 5 to get you started.
No, carrots won’t give you super-vision or even 20/20 vision, but the beta-carotene it contains will help maintain proper eyesight. The body converts this nutrient to vitamin A, which helps fight blindness.
The antioxidants in blueberries are thought to be responsible for protecting vision by preventing free radical damage.
Almonds contain vitamin E, which can assist in preventing cataracts. Other sources of vitamin E include sunflower seeds, safflower oil, peanuts, mango and eggs. Eating almonds can be further improved by activating them. You’ll find more hints here.
4. Green, Leafy Vegetables
Kale, cabbage and spinach are all great for improving or maintaining healthy vision.
5. Cold Water Fish
Fish like salmon and sardines contain omega-3 fatty acids, which can help protect the blood vessels in your eyes.
Even though most people are too exhausted at the end of the day to do anything but collapse into bed until the following morning, anyone who wants to keep their skin healthy should ensure that they incorporate a nightly skin care regime into their lifestyle. Make cleaning your skin with a gentle, natural cleanser a regular part of your night time rituals. While fatigue can make it difficult to discipline yourself to keep up this routine, it is imperative to stick to it until you begin to see the results you want. The following are a few reasons why it is necessary to use a natural face wash every night before you go to bed:
Removes impurities on the skin
Every day, your skin is exposed to toxins in the form of polluted air, smoke, dust, harsh chemicals in skin products, compounds that have seeped into food from fertilizers and pesticides, and many other products. Your skin is often the organ that is tasked with getting rid of all these toxins which means that it is full of impurities at the end of the day which can cause breakouts, inflammation, acne and other conditions if you do not take care to cleanse it nightly on a regular basis. A natural face wash will provide gentle and natural cleansing action and help you remove impurities that can have negative effects on your skin.
Allows your skin to breathe
Makeup and impurities on the skin make it difficult for the skin to breathe at night and may lead to clogged pores and ultimately, acne. Your skin cells need oxygen while you are sleeping in order to regenerate and repair damaged cells. Cleansing with a natural facial wash leaves the skin clear for these processes to take place, and results in younger, brighter looking skin.
Helps with hydration
When you are sleeping, your body temperature tends to rise and sometimes leads to the evaporation of water from your skin in order to retain optimal body temperatures. Water loss explains why you sometimes feel that your skin is drier and itchier at night. Washing your face with a natural cleanser helps you to clear your skin of oils and other impurities and make it easier to apply a gentle moisturizer that will combat dryness brought on by high nocturnal body temperatures.
Natural facial cleansers and washes are a crucial component of night-time skin care for anyone looking to keep their skin radiant and healthy. By investing in gentle, natural and organically certified products, you should begin to see a vast improvement in the quality of your skin, avoid breakouts and attain a healthy glowing complexion.
About the author:
Mel Driver is the owner and creator of the award-winning natural beauty product company Embalm Skincare. Mel is passionate about empowering women to make the right choices when it comes to looking after their skin, so they can avoid being exposed to health risks associated with many leading cosmetic brands. Her passion for healthy living led her to extensively research holistic nutrition and ways to use the power of nature, to enjoy beautiful skin without sacrificing your health.
Today, Mel has created a 100% natural skincare range that is attracting interest from all over the world, as well as recognition by “Nature & Health” magazine as one of the best natural beauty products for 2016. Created with love and care in Tasmania, Australia, Mel’s products are available in selected stores and from her website www.EmbalmSkincare.com.au.
If you’re anything like me, everywhere you look there is another bottle of nail polish. They seem to breed and most never even get used. Did you know that there are actually plenty of ways to put your (old or unwanted) nail polish to use besides painting your nails?
- Match cord connections: Use a small dab of nail polish on any electrical connections to highlight a match ~ for example, the top side of a computer hole and the top side of a plug (using the same colored polish). This way you will know what belongs where and where’s up and down when you go to plug in.
- Seal an envelope: If the glue has gone from your envelope or you don’t like the idea of licking it, brush a little nail polish along the underside of the flap and it will seal perfectly.
- Smudge proof: Add a coat of clear polish to important labels so they do not smudge or disappear with water ~ such as medication instructions.
- Thread a needle easier: Put a dab of nail polish on the end of the thread and rub it between your thumb and forefinger. It will dry in a second and when it does it will be stiff. Threading your needle will be so much easier.
- Stop a run in stockings: Nothing worse than having a hole in stockings when you are out. Simply dab of some clear polish to each end of a hole (or ladder) (and let it dry. It is invisible and will prevent it from getting any worse until you get home.
- Keep car chips from rusting: If your car has a few little chips you’ll want to protect them before having the time to get it to a repairer. A little bit of clear polish will seal the chip and prevent further damage or rust.
- Keep shoelaces from unraveling: Place clear nail polish on the ends of shoe laces and twist the ravelled ends together. When they dry they cotton will be sealed tight.
- Tighten glasses screws: If the tiny screws in your glasses are loose or falling out, screw them back in then seal them up with a little bit of clear polish. When dry it will act like glue and hold everything in place until you can visit an optometrist (use this concept too for pot handles, bolts or any screws around the home)
I am sure there are plenty more ways to use nail polish other than to adorn yourself…if you have some share them with us please.
Do you happen to have any old tennis balls laying around in the backyard, or garage? They can be very handy. Here are a couple of ways you can put old tennis balls to good use:
- Remove Scuff Marks: Using a sharp knife, cut a slit in one side of it, big enough to fit the end of an old broom handle. Simply rub the ball over any scuff marks on your floorboards; they’ll come right off.
- Parking guide: Hang a tennis ball from a string in your garage so that the ball will touch a corner of your car when it is properly parked. No need to second guess every time.
- Door Stop: Who needs to buy a doorstop when you can simply wedge a tennis ball between the door and the floor instead.
- Chair or table leg protector: Cut an X in the top of each ball and put them on the bottoms of chair legs to cut down on noise and floor scuffs. If you don’t have scuffable floors (or all of your chair legs are already covered) check with your local school. Many schools take donations for just this purpose.
- Learn to juggle: Tennis balls make a great get of juggling balls.
- Secret hideaway: Make a slit in a tennis ball, then squeeze either side of the slit to open it up. Place money or other objects inside, and release to close the opening.
- A natural weight: Use tennis balls to anchor clusters of helium balloons at parties. Knot together a group of ribbons attached to balloons. Cut a small X in the top of a ball and insert the knot. Fill the ball with sand if you want extra security.
- Cleaning tool: Put a tennis ball on the end of a broomstick and use it to clean cobwebs from the ceiling.
- Exercise: Squeeze a tennis ball in your hand whenever you have an extra few minutes to increase your hand strength.
Other than the obvious, have you ever put your old tennis balls to good use? Share your tips!