Chia seeds are not only incredibly healthy, they can help you lose weight too!
They are so versatile, relatively tasteless and gluten free. There really is no excuse why you cannot introduce them into your day. Every day.
Lets look at 50 ways that you can incorporate them into your day.
- Bread – You can use a mortar and pestle or any grinder to turn your Chia seeds into a powder form which you can add to your mixture when making bread or flatbread.
- Butter Substitute – Simply replace 1/2 the butter required in a recipe with 1/2 cup Chia gel, or replace butter entirely. The Chia gel will provide all the moisture you need.
- Cakes – Add into any cake mixture before cooking to provide a poppy-seed look.
- Capsules – If you do not like the idea of adding Chia to your foods or drinks, consider a daily capsule to get your dose of nutrients.
- Chia Spread – Blend Chia gel with a dash of butter in a blender to make a smooth Chia spread which can be used as normal butter but this one has added nutrients.
- Chia Chocolate – Melt your favorite chocolate, stir in a tablespoon of Chia seeds, and pour mixture into a tray and place in refrigerator to set. (TIP: Try using Dark Chocolate as it melts fastest and has its own antioxidants)
- Cereal – Sprinkle over cereal, muesli or oats for a nutritional punch.
- Dessert Toppings – Soak Chia seeds in fruit juice and then pour over ice cream or cakes as a fruity topping.
- Dressings – Add to a salad dressing in their raw or ground form.
- Drink – Add to a glass of water or juice. Make sure to stir well and drink promptly as they very quickly soak the liquid and thicken up like a gel.
- Will Chia Seeds Help Me Lose Weight?
- 20 Healthy Foods That Contain Zinc (hint: Chia is one of them)
- Potential side effects of eating Chia Seeds
- Grow Your Own Chia Seeds at Home!
- How to eat Chia seeds without getting bloated
11. Egg Substitute – Pre-mix with water to make an egg substitute for when you bake cakes or cookies – Mix one tablespoon of Chia seeds (keep whole or grind) with three tablespoons of water. Let sit for 20 minutes, then use in place of one egg.
12. Eggs – When making scrambled eggs or an omelette, mix into beaten eggs then cook as normal.
13. Face Mask – Chia seeds are full of omega-3 fatty acids which help to soothe inflammation. Ground seeds, mixed into mashed avocado make for a therapeutic mask for your skin.
14. Fish – Sprinkle over freshly steamed fish to add texture.
15. Flour Substitute – Grind or mill Chia seeds to use in any recipe as a substitute for flour – such as cakes, waffles and pancakes.
16. French Toast – Add to egg mixture before soaking bread or simply sprinkle on top of cooked french toast with maple syrup.
17. Granola – Mix your favorite nuts, dried fruits, some honey and cinnamon with Chia seeds, lay on a baking tray and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring regularly. Top with a dollop of yoghurt.
18. Hydration – Use Chia seeds, consumed in water as a way to retain hydration for longer. Being hydrophilic, means that Chia seeds help to prolong hydration and retain electrolytes in body fluids are lost through exercise and hot weather.
19. Jam (fruit spread) – Simply push (defrosted) fruits and their juice through a sieve, add a tablespoon of Chia seeds and let sit for 10 or so minutes and it will thicken. Excellent sugar-free alternative.
20. Jelly – Add to jelly before setting for a fun alternative for the kids.
21. Laxative – Due to their high fiber content, it can be consumed in water as a natural laxative solution.
22. Marinade – Mix into your favorite marinade or barbecue sauce to brush over steaks, roasts, chicken or any meats of your choice.
23. Mayonnaise Substitute – Replace 1/2 of your mayonnaise with a couple of tablespoons of Chia gel to not only save calories but fat.
24. Meatballs – Sprinkle Chia seeds into your favorite meatball mixture as a replacement to egg or as well as. Cook as normal.
25. Muffins – Add to any muffin mixture as an enhancement or as a replacement to egg or flour.
26. Nut Mix – Make your own healthy snack of nuts, dried fruit, sunflower seeds and Chia seeds to nibble on during the day.
27. Oil Substitute – Mix your Chia seeds in water to make a gel, stir to ensure they do not form clumps, and then use the Chia gel to replace at least 1/3 of any oil or fat in a recipe without impacting the flavor.
28. Pasta and/or Ravioli – Add to your pasta sauces or mix into the pasta itself if you are making it from scratch.
29. Pet Food – Soak 1 part Chia to 8 parts water and let the Chia seed absorb the water and then give pets a teaspoon in their evening meal. Helps with appetite, coat and skin. If you are using seeds dry instead, be careful of the quantity you sprinkle on their food as they absorb 10 times their volume in water so make sure you keep your animals well hydrated.
30. Porridge – Mix ground Chia seeds into your porridge mixture before cooking.
41. Spread – Grind seeds into a powder form (of by them ground) and mix with your favorite spread for use in sandwiches and on toast.
42. Stews or casseroles – Mix into a stew to help thicken it. Remember to ensure there is enough liquid available if you want to retain some moisture to your end result.
43. Stir Fry – If you love a healthy stir fry, sprinkle some Chia seeds through the mix or on top for some added crunch.
44. Stuffing – Mix with spices to enhance volume next time you add stuffing to a chicken or turkey.
45. Tapioca – Mix a tablespoon of Chia seeds with Almond milk, or any milk of your choice and let it set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes for a tapioca-like drink/pudding.
46. Tea – Lovely mixed into iced tea or your favorite herbal tea.
47. Upset Stomach – Swallow 1-2 tablespoons of Chia seeds in their whole form with just enough water to get them down. Wait a few minutes for them to work their wonder. They will help to absorb stomach acids and then follow with a glass of water to help them pass through your system.
48. Vegetables – Steam or blanch your favorite vegetables and sprinkle with Chia seeds.
49. Weight Loss – When Chia seeds meet water (or any liquid) they swell up so they have a large role to play with weight loss, helping with appetite suppression as it gives you a fuller feeling for longer.
50. Yogurt – Stir seeds into any yogurt, fruit or plain to add texture.
Healthy Chia Seeds
Take the challenge and try Chia seeds for yourself. You will be overwhelmed by their versatility and you’ll be feeling super charged in no time! Buy White or Black Chia Seeds NOW!