Wheatgrass is not commonly consumed however the nutritional benefits it offers are amazing.
It is relatively easy to grow however if you don’t like the idea of planting and harvesting it, you’ll be able to get a healthy shot of it at almost every juice bar.
Wheatgrass health benefits
If you like the idea of incorporating this green ‘superfood’ into your diet, here are 20 incredible benefits of wheatgrass well worth noting.
- Is an immature form of wheat
- Is Fat FREE
- Is Cholesterol FREE
- Contains high levels ofchlorophyll, known to purify the liver
- Is high in oxygen which assists brain and body tissue function
- Can be used externally as well as ingested
- Is quick and easy to grow in your own home
- Must be juiced with amasticating juicer
- Can be consumed with other fruits and vegetables
- Helps flush toxins from our bodies
- Has an ‘interesting‘ taste – just like grass
- Should be consumed within 30 minutes of being juiced
- Can be fresh or in the powderedform
- Is considered one of the most potent healing agents in the world
- Has anti-bacterial properties which help to reduce a sore throat if gargled once juiced
- Is full of vitamins and minerals
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Should only be consumed in small amounts – equivalent to one shot
- One Shot is equivalent to One Kilo of vegetables
- Provides health benefits such as eczema and psoriasis.
So what are you waiting for? Have a shot of wheatgrass today!
More Healthy Tips
YouWish Wishlist Builder for Android